Who will my public defender be?

If the judge has determined that you qualify for public defense  services, an attorney from the Pierce County Department of Assigned  Counsel will be appointed to your case. You will be notified in writing  by the Court Clerk of your attorney’s name and contact information  before you leave the courtroom.  In most cases the attorney assigned to your case will be the same attorney present during your arraignment.

Show All Answers

1. What is the right to counsel?
2. Who qualifies for public defense services?
3. How do I apply for a public defender?
4. Who will my public defender be?
5. What is my public defender able to assist me with?
6. What is my public defender unable to assist me with?
7. How do I contact my public defender?
8. What do I do if I feel that my public defender has not met his/her responsibilities, or if I have other concerns?