Entry-Level Police Officer
Individuals who are passionate about serving their community and ensuring the safety of its residents, who possess a strong sense of integrity, dedication, and a desire to make a positive impact. After hire:
- Must be able to successfully complete the Basic Law Enforcement Academy (BLEA)
presented by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission.
- Must be able to successfully complete Field Training program post-academy.
- Obtain Washington State Peace Officer Certification and maintain for duration of
Exceptional Entry Police Officer
- Dedicated law enforcement professionals who have successfully completed a basic law enforcement academy (recognized as a full equivalent to the Washington state basic law enforcement academy by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission) within the past twelve months, but have not attained commissioned peace officer status.
- Peace officers certification, commission, and/or licensing lapsed because of a break in service as a full-time, fully commissioned peace officer in this or any other state or territory for more than 24 months, but less than 60 months.
- All requirements of WAC 139-05-210 shall also apply. If separated from a law enforcement agency, the separation must be without cause or resignation in lieu of discipline.
Lateral Entry Police Officer
Current dedicated and experienced law enforcement professionals seeking a fresh and exciting career opportunity.
- Successful completion of a State accredited law enforcement academy; AND
- Previous employment as a Commissioned Police Officer on a full-time basis by a law enforcement agency exceeding a consecutive 12-month period; AND
- Shall not have had a lapse in employment as a law enforcement officer for a period exceeding the previous twelve months, calculated from the day of appointment.